Your chance to win a?superb podcasting bundle by?R?DE, worth ￡1511$1507.
It’s no exaggeration to say that the R?DECaster Pro revolutionised podcasting. Nothing released before or?since has combined so many powerful podcasting features, while its touchscreen and ‘one button per function’ interface makes it a?cinch to achieve professional-sounding results, whether you’re a?novice or a?podcasting pro.
On the input side of things, its four Class-A?microphone preamps feed into the R?DECaster Pro’s powerful built-in processors: an Aphex Aural Exciter and Big Bottom bass enhancer make your voice sound full and crisp, while digital compression, limiting, de-essing and gating refine things further.
A?further input is designed to handle telephone contributors, via?either a?mini-jack or Bluetooth connection, and the R?DECaster Pro can even output a?‘mix-minus’ signal, to avoid echoes distracting the?caller.
Other features include a?set of eight programmable sound-triggering pads, onto which you can load or record?your own effects, music, jingles and adverts. Each pad can be colour-coded, playback mode can be set on a?per-pad basis, and?because the pads can be sorted into up to eight banks, a?total of 64 different sounds can be triggered at the push of a?button.
As for recording, you have two choices: you can use the R?DECaster Pro as a?USB audio interface, capturing audio to your DAW of choice, or you can record straight to a?microSD card, for truly mobile, laptop-free operation.
And that’s merely scratching the surface. Even better, R?DE keep adding powerful new features too, as we discovered when we looked at the latest v2.1 firmware in our June 2020 edition. SOS Reviews Editor Matt Houghton was particularly pleased with the deeper control over DSP, the addition of a?master compressor, and the improved metering — to read the full article, visit www.codehip.com/reviews/rode-rodecaster-pro-v2
Nothing released before or since has combined so many powerful podcasting features...
The Prize Bundle
For this month’s competition, R?DE are giving you the chance to win not only a?R?DECaster Pro, but four(!) of their PodMic podcasting microphones (pictured above). The PodMic is a?compact and durable dynamic broadcast microphone designed specifically for speech, and the R?DECaster Pro has been specifically designed to work with it — so much so that there’s a?dedicated PodMic option available on the R?DECaster’s channel setup?page.
To help you get podcasting straight away, R?DE are even including four of their high-quality PSA-1 studio arms, plus four Mogami XLR?cables.
To be in with a?chance of winning this fantastic prize, all you have to do to enter is answer the questions on the right, dream up a?tie-breaker, and submit your entry by Friday 07 August 2020. Good luck!
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound?On?Sound and the Prize Donor with a?photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media?channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Peter G?of New Orleans, USA.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, R?DE, Source Distribution,?and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a?personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.